Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I seem to have lost most of my 9000 photos when I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.3. iPhoto won't work now and says it needs an upgrade not available in the UK. Only a few of the 9000 photos appear on Photos! HELP?

I seem to have lost most of my 9000 photos when I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.3. iPhoto won't work now and says it needs an upgrade not available in the UK. Only a few of the 9000 photos appear on Photos! HELP?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:08 AM

12 replies

Apr 28, 2015 10:10 AM in response to jflhermette

Move the incompatible iPhoto version to the Trash, before you try to reinstall from the AppStore, but don't empty the Trash.

update as described here:

Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS... | Apple Support Communities

The main idea is to move the iPhoto app to the Trash, so Spotlight does not see it as installed, reload the AppStore Purchases tab with ⌘R, and then to try to download again from the App Store - from your Purchases tab, not from the main page, since you can neither buy iPhoto nor update it, but you can reinstall, if your AppleID is associated with it.

Apr 28, 2015 10:11 AM in response to jflhermette

jflhermette wrote:

Found it in Finder. It's version 9.6

Then you were not up to date prior to upgrading to Yosemite.

2 choices

1. Delete iPhoto 9.6 and then go to your purchases page in the Mac App Store and redownload iPhoto, it will be up to date

2. Copy iPhoto 9.6.1 from your other Mac and paste into the Applications folder on the one that needs it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.