Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac wont load fully cleared some files to stop pop ups of youyube now cant boot up

I youtubed how to stop pop ups and ads and followed instructions, cleared some files cache ect,

Now when I restarted my Imac it only loads half way and dosnt move.Left it for hours but noyhing .

I did a first aid and everything but no errors come up.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 6:27 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 6:29 AM in response to darshakfromtaylors lakes

Try restarting your Mac in Safe mode:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disc Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disc and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disc Permissions and then on Repair Disc Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

Mac wont load fully cleared some files to stop pop ups of youyube now cant boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.