Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina 13' 2015 [MF840] (rattle inside macbook)

Hey people plz help! I have a prolem with my MacBook Pro MF840

Searching the way to solve my problem I visited few apple authorized stores in Ukraine, and I asked if I can try to shake new models MacBook Pro 13' (MF839, MF840, MF841) to find out if they also have this weird noise inside, like something is loosen inside. And I found out that that they also have this problem, but not all of them!! There was few of them that were ok. And I am curious what could it be... because it's not a force touch and not the keyboard. It's something big... and the noise comes from upper case.

People, can you try to shake your new MF models (from side to side), and check if you also have the same problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 5:58 AM

Looks like your MacBook has a factory defect. It should still be under warranty, so I suggest you to visit the store, where you purchased your laptop and ask for a replacement or a refund.

14 replies

Jul 23, 2015 10:36 AM in response to USBVadik

I have the same issue, I also live in Iran and as elyad.ekrami said there's no official apple stores here. However there are some unofficial apple stores here which they do some repairs. I took mine to two of them, one which opened my mbp and tightened all of the screwes and the other one told me that the sound is related to Force Touch. But now you're saying that not all of them have this sound,thus it might be a defect. Are there any fixes?

Oct 16, 2015 1:03 AM in response to USBVadik

Another troubled user from Ukraine here.

Have a rattling/clattering noise in my 2015 13" retina mbp.

Seems to be coming from the main body, not the screen, from somewhere under the keyboard/trackpad.

Replicable by shaking the Mac left to right every other time. Feels like a small loose piece like a tiny screw.

I might unscrew the lid myself and see what's up – around next week if the problem persists.

Does anyone know if this can void my warranty?

MacBook Pro Retina 13' 2015 [MF840] (rattle inside macbook)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.