Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organize using Faces

This is really a Photos question instead of iPhoto......

I'm using the most Yosemite 10.10.3 on both machines. Additionally, I'm using the Cloud storage option for all my photos.

If I organize my Photos library on my MacBook Pro using the new Photos app, is there a way to copy the results to my iMac?

Also, If I add pictures to one of my computers it can take several hours to see the new pictures on the other computer.

Is there a way to "push" data to and/or from the Cloud?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Kind of new to Apple. Recovering PC

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:44 AM

Have you seen this support document?

Use Photos and iCloud Photo Library on multiple Mac computers - Apple Support

Most data will migrate from one Photos library to another one on a different Mac, but not the Faces data. You would have to assign keywords for your faces in addition to the faces tags.

If you simply copy the library over to your other Mac, you are risking duplicates in iCloud, if both libraries are syncing with iCloud.

Also, If I add pictures to one of my computers it can take several hours to see the new pictures on the other computer.

I don't know of any option to make it quicker. It may just be the initial setup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 7:44 AM in response to Longhornjohn

Have you seen this support document?

Use Photos and iCloud Photo Library on multiple Mac computers - Apple Support

Most data will migrate from one Photos library to another one on a different Mac, but not the Faces data. You would have to assign keywords for your faces in addition to the faces tags.

If you simply copy the library over to your other Mac, you are risking duplicates in iCloud, if both libraries are syncing with iCloud.

I don't know of any option to make it quicker. It may just be the initial setup.

Apr 29, 2015 6:34 AM in response to Longhornjohn

Now it looks like I need to do it for each computer individually....twice the time commitment. UGGGG!!

Keywords will sync across. If you assign a specific keyword to each photo with a face label, you can speed things up by using smart albums based on the faces keywords.

But I hope, future updates will take of this, and it is only a temporary inconvenience.

Organize using Faces

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.