Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting iTunes for Windows to list all the songs in an album

Since updating iTunes for Windows to 12.1.2.27 (it runs on Win 7 complete with all the latest updates on a 64 bit Intel i5 processor, when adding a folder to the Library only the first (sometimes first few) songs get listed. If the album is played, all the songs are played. What needs to be done to correct this. Suspicions are that it is to do with the "get info" option that provides the same data to several "apparent album" entries when the folder is imported.

Windows based PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:21 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2015 7:40 AM in response to little-a

Look at your album. There is a bit of an issue where, to be in the same album,, all tracks need to have the same artist....toss in a couple of tracks with a different credited artist and you end up with basically two versions of the same album, each with the same artist.....so out of 20 tracks, 18 with 'joe smith' as the artist, 2 tracks with Joe and Marty Smith' as the artists.

May or may not be the best way but I'll right click and use the 'get info' option and edit all the artists on the same album to be the same. Then they sort right.

Apr 28, 2015 8:46 AM in response to Skydiver119

I agree that different artists on different tracks could be a problem, but.... I have one or two or more albums loaded under previous versions of iTunes for Windows where the "get info" option dealt with this and consolidated all the tracks under a single album entry, and listed the song titles. Following the suggestions above, all that happens now is that I get an extra album entry each time I change a track artist (to the same name, obviously) which is taking me back to the situation that I start with. In this case, the CD is one of Puccini arias. There are different artists, Different track names. Different song titles. When first imported iTunes makes a different album entry for each of the 19 tracks.

Apr 28, 2015 9:01 AM in response to turingtest2

Thought that you might like to know that in principle this is what I did with the original usage of "get info". What I hadn't had to do was to shut down iTunes, then reload it. Thank you both. What you said and suggested is right, but the change is that you have to let iTunes restart before the visible changes take effect. Problem gone.

Getting iTunes for Windows to list all the songs in an album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.