Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text box issue

Hi,

Since updating to v10.2, an issue with the text tool has occurred. The box for entering the text has been downsized so that only two full lines are visible at once. I can't find any way to enlarge the box. When working with a text box of multiple lines, the lack of overview is a problem.

Any thoughts?

User uploaded file

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:20 AM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2015 4:45 AM in response to John Eneroth

John Eneroth wrote:

the issue for me is that I need to play with a bunch of parameters like font, size, shadowing, baseline etc etc...

Hi John.

I haven't noticed any change from previous versions when working with style parameters, The results of adjusting color, adding drop shadow, etc need to be monitored in the Viewer window – as was the case before.

Russ

Apr 30, 2015 1:09 AM in response to Russ H

Let me clarify what I meant. Luis replied that I should write the text in another document and paste into the text generator. I replied that entering the text is not the issue for me, but formatting it. Thus it doesn't matter if it's pasted or written directly into the text generator. This is what I meant anyway.

My workflow has been to paste texts into the Inspector window of the text effect, and then do all the adjustments there, not really touching the Viewer Display. The only thing that has happened since the last update is that the text box in the inspector has gotten a lot smaller and I was hoping that there was some way of enlarging it. But as I wrote before, maybe I'll just get used to working in the Viewer Display instead of the Inspector when marking certain parts of the text that I want to format and so on...

Text box issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.