Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi issues on iPad Air with ios8.3

BEfore updating my software to iOS 8.3 I had no issues with wifi. Not I am finding it is dropping internet connection. my husband has a different tablet and his is fine. If I restart my iPad it sorts it out for a while. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3, 32gb

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 8:47 AM

Nope, I haven't seen any WiFi problems with iOS 8.3.

Check to see if the firmware in your WiFi router is up-to-date on the manufacturer's web support pages.

See also here: https://www.apple.com/support/ipad/wifi/

6 replies

Apr 29, 2015 1:27 PM in response to Carolbriar

I have the same issue. I have numerous devices connected to my wifi and the only change I have experienced is the frquent and random disconnections of both my ipad air and Ipad mini since upgrading to ios 8.3

It is frustrating beyond belief. I have factory restored both devices which was extremely time consuming and it yielded no improvement.

My Ipads are now nothing more than glorified ereaders.

If 8.4 doesnt fix this I will have no choice but to go in a different tablet direction.

May 7, 2015 2:09 PM in response to Carolbriar

Hello Carol & Rick,

After upgrading my iPad 4 to the latest iOS version 8.3, I was seeing wifi issues. Tried pretty much all the troubleshooting steps that I came across here in the forum and also online but nothing helped. However few days back I disabled Bluetooth & restarted my iPad after that. To my surprise the wifi issues that I have been seeing disappeared :-).

If you are still seeing wifi issues, try this option & see if that works.

May 7, 2015 11:56 PM in response to sunilhere

HI Sunilhere. Thanks for your reply. I don't have bluetooth on at all on my iPad. I do find that if the wifi is playing up and I restart the iPad it sorts it out until the next time. It's just frustrating that we have to restart the iPad because of this. Prior to downloading iOS 8.3 I didn't have this problem. It was happening more before but that turned out to be our connection.

THank you

May 8, 2015 1:11 AM in response to Carolbriar

Hello,

Same issue here......

With my Ipad 2 (latest iOS) I cannot connect anymore to internet with Safari (Chrome is able to though.....), Mail cannot send or receive emails and I cannot access to the App store....

How can I fix this problem?

in despair I tried to reset my ipad 2 to new.... but no way... got message that there is a problem with I cloud.... not sure what it was about...

I am now stuck with my Ipad 2 I bought about 3 months ago. (was working well before)

Thanks for help.

D.

Wifi issues on iPad Air with ios8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.