Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing the format of "Table of Contents"

I am attempting to build a book from a Genealogical Generational listing that indicates the generation number at the beginning of each section. I also add that number along with the section page number at the bottom of each section. i.e. Generation 1 page n.

Is there any way to automatically pickup the section title to add into the "Table of Contents"?

Using my present method, highlight the section title, click "Paragraph Style" (edit to my preference); will show only page 1 for all section beginning pages and seems unprofessional. alternatively, I could just leave out the page number somehow and attempt to "Tab" the first page of each section. Basically, what I would like is:

"Generation 1

Generation 2" etc.... or something similar without page numbers and the section name is the page link to the first page of that section.

Tks

Sparkgapper

Message was edited by: Sparkgapper I am attempting to repost this on Pages from Numbers and it is telling me I am not authorized "to move this content to that place." In doing "normal typing" I hit return at the wrong place and it was posted on numbers BEFORE I could correctly change its location of posting. Sparkgapper

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Dual Boot with 10.6.8

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:19 AM

3 replies

Changing the format of "Table of Contents"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.