Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks

There has got to be a way to correctly sync bookmarks between my devices other than having to turn off syncing and then turning it back on and then fixing up what was messed up by this. It doesn't matter what device, if I add a bookmark, it will never show up on any other device if left on its own. Toggling the sync status and having it "merge" will do a one time propagate to the other devices, but the bookmarks seem to randomly redistribute themselves around.

Note that using something like xmarks is not a good solution because I want to include my phone and my iPad in the equation. xmarks will only do the desktops.

After researching this I pretty much know the answer to be that there is no way, but I have to ask anyway. How do I get the devices to automatically sync? Or do I just have to wait days, weeks, months, or years for something to happen? For my purposes here, an "automatic" sync means I do not have to do anything other than add/change/delete a bookmark. I don't want to toggle anything. I want it to work as advertised.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), plus iPhone and iPad

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:57 AM

There are no replies.