Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 13 Mavericks froze and would not shut down. Now won't start.

It froze and would not shut down. I held the power button to hard shut down. Upon restart - came up with Disk Utility. Ran repair and it came up with the message "the partition map needs to be repaired because there's a problem with the efi system partition's file system." It would not repair the disk. What do I do now? I do not have a recent full back up and do not want to reinstall losing all of my data.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 8:29 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 8:47 AM in response to mikall21

I would boot to Recovery as you did and then install Mavericks on an external HD and then boot from that HD to see if you can see the data on the installed disk and copy it to a safe place.

With data recovered. and still booted from the external HD try formatting the internal drive and hen select Repair to see if it can be repaired.

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

Macbook pro 13 Mavericks froze and would not shut down. Now won't start.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.