Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5C replacement phone is low quality. Read to see explanation.

I have an iPhone 5C. Long story short, about 2 months ago the screen died. I ended up getting the phone replaced. Problem: the screen is made out of what seems to be really low quality glass, and it scratches really easily. What should I do about this? My original iPhone 5C lasted a year without a scratch until my friend dropped it on gravel. The screen DID NOT CRACK.

My first problem:

I've had the replacement phone for around a month and a half, and it is scratched like you wouldn't believe. I've been using screen protectors, but I use a LifeProof case the majority of the time, so I can't use a screen protector.

My second problem:

When holding the phone, or just simply texting, the phone squeaks. It mainly does this when you squeeze/pinch the bottom right corner of the phone, or the middle on the right side.

My third problem:

The power button is loose and wiggles a lot.

Has anyone else received a replacement iPhone of any variant with this problem?

It wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that I plan on selling the phone when my contract ends, and that will decrease the price.

Header 1Header 2
User uploaded filePWR button wiggles

<--

Squeaks

<--

Squeaks

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:42 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2015 7:50 AM in response to Jeep_Fanatic

My MacBook Pro, totally past its AppleCare warranty period, died recently. The failure was due to a GPU issue acknowledged by Apple and covered by a currently open recall. So I get a new logic board and a revived Mac. The new logic board carries a 90-day warranty so if it falls again, repairs will be forthcoming at no charge.

Your replaced phone should have an equivalent repair warranty period, though possibly of a shorter duration. So get a move on...

iPhone 5C replacement phone is low quality. Read to see explanation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.