Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet accounts not talking to mail

I allowed some updates recently, and for whatever reason, now all of my accounts listed in Internet Accounts are not "talking" to Mail—everything is missing from there, including folders, etc. I tried to restore the

com.apple.mail.plist.lockfile

from Time Machine and restart, but it's still not working.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 8:25 AM

7 replies

Apr 28, 2015 10:04 AM in response to hnolen16

The mailbox list is divided into categories with headings such as On My Mac. When you hover the cursor over one of those headings (except for Mailboxes), you should see the word Show or Hide on the right. Click Show. The Mailboxes category can't be hidden.

In each category, the mailboxes are arranged in groups, such as Inbox. To the left of each group is a small disclosure triangle. If the triangle points to the right, click it so that it points down.

Note also that you may have to scroll the mailbox list up or down to see all of it.

Apr 29, 2015 8:05 AM in response to Linc Davis

I meant all accounts had disappeared. They showed up in Internet accounts, but when I would open mail, it would prompt me to use the setup wizard to add an account.

I restored from a previous working backup. It seems that there is still a disconnect between Internet accounts and Mail, though, because one of my accounts listed in IA is not showing up in Mail. Not sure of the problem.

Thanks,

Heather

Internet accounts not talking to mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.