Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't import photos from my camera since the update, says file is unrecognizeable

Since the recent photos update, I can no longer import photos from my Kodak Easyshare camera. Previously all I had to do was plug it into the Mac, turn it on and it would import with no problems. Now it is telling me that the files are unreadable or something. I don't know how to find the camera as a device on the Mac when its plugged in, to go at the problem that way. Not sure what to do at this point. Getting frustrated.

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 9:32 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2015 10:12 AM in response to MHoward71

You have at least a couple of options, connect the camera via the USB cable that came with it to the computer and use Image Capture (pre-installed on your computer already) and use Image Capture to import the photos.

If you don't want to do that what most users do is get a card reader (I have no idea what type of cared a Kodak Easyshare uses) and connect the card reader to the computer and import. Because you did not state what version of OS X you are using it's impossible to give you any more information than that. My guess is you are using OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 but you need to confirm that.

Apr 28, 2015 10:19 AM in response to MHoward71

MHoward71 wrote:

Yes it is OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Then use either of my recommendations above. If you decide to get a card reader (I'd recommend this!) then simply insert the card into it, connect the reader to the Mac and use Photos import feature and import from the card. If you need additional help using Photos please use the Photos forum, you can get there by clicking Photos for Mac

can't import photos from my camera since the update, says file is unrecognizeable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.