Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost ipod and possibly restored

I had an iPod touch at least two years ago. I believe that it had been stolen from my home. I didn't realize that it was gone for quite some time, so I did not create a police report as I assumed that it was already too late. I still have the iPod and serial number attached to my Apple ID, but I am assuming that the person who took the device, immediately restored the device as I cannot locate it on the Find my iPhone app. I don't think I had the app on my iPod, either before it was lost. I currently have the app on my iPhone, and I've been waiting on a location, or for ANYTHING to happen, but nothing has...

The weird thing about it is that when I go to my purchased Apps in my Appstore, it shows Apps that I have not ever purchased. This leads me to believe that the iPod is somehow still connected to my AppleID.... How can this be if they restored the iPod? I haven't checked my Apps until here recently, but I've noticed a lot of new apps added to my list. Is there any way that I can triangulate my device with the apps that were purchased and when they were purchased? Is it too late to file a police report at this point? Ugh. I wish I had reported this as soon as I had noticed it had happened. Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 9:05 AM

10 replies

Apr 28, 2015 10:34 AM in response to lllaass

Well, I suppose I just want to know why I am showing apps as being purchased to my appleID that I did not purchase. I show the apps that I use, and then I show apps that I have never used in my life. I only owned an iphone and an ipod touch. The apps that were previously on my ipod touch ONLY are on my list, meaning that it was connected at one time to my appleID. I am showing new apps that are in my purchased history that I did not purchase/download. Which leads me to believe that my ipod must be connected somehow to my appleID, right? So, how can my ipod be connected to my appleID still, if it had been restored. Wouldn't it have had to be set up under the other user's appleID?

Apr 28, 2015 10:51 AM in response to kammorr

That means the iPod was not restored/erases. Someone is using it unless someone else has access/gained access to your ID/account.Change your iD password snad all passwords that were used on the old iPod.

Did the old iPod have a good screen-lock passcode?

I do not understand what goes_m is saying since iPods do not have a cellular radio.

Find my iPod/iPhone has been on the the iPod since iOS 4.x on the 4G iPod. I do not remember which version exactly

Apr 28, 2015 11:16 AM in response to lllaass

I will change my appleID password, but I just wish there was some way that Apple could track the device based on the serial number, date, time, and location from when the app was loaded on the unit. IP addresses or something. I just can't believe that with the technology that we have today, that there's still no way for them to triangulate the unit's whereabouts. I say this on behalf of ALL Apple users that have had something lost or stolen.....

I really do appreciate the help! And thank you guys for responding so quickly.

As far as the Find my iPod/iPhone, since the device didn't have that app on it, could that be the reason why the FMiP app on my phone is not detecting my iPod? I've tried the lost iPod. And all of the options on it... I haven't been able to get anything from the device. And there no way that they are getting apps without going online.. I just don't get it...

Apr 29, 2015 1:58 AM in response to goes_m

The poster said he had a 4G iPod which has

On the early iPods you could Purchase FIndMyiPod/iPhone app and if you subscribed to Apple's pair MobileMe you could get FindMyiPad/iPhone on an iPod. It is not cellular data driven at all.

For Apple's FindMyiPod/iPhone no app is required. It is a feature of iCloud. The 3G has iCloud. On your 3G iPod with iOS 5.1.1 (highest it can go) is there a FindMyiPod/iPhone ins settings>iCloud?

Lost ipod and possibly restored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.