Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.2 buggy?

I've noticed several bugs in the software:

1. Spinning ball after almost each operation on timeline. It happens not immediately after start of FCPX, growing slowly until the work is impossible.

2. Placeholder text bug - can't see any text on placeholders

3. Manifesto bug. When placed inside secondary storyline, the Manifesto generator becomes invisible... Outside as a separate clip - everything is OK

my specs: Macbook Pro 8,2 2ghz I7 quad core, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD.

reverted back to 10.1.4, eberything went fluent again...

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 10:02 AM

13 replies

Apr 29, 2015 4:24 AM in response to Russ H

I made a clean install, then imported whole library bundle. It is a big library with mixed clips in HD, h.264 mostly mixed with XDCAM. No aditional effects except Manifesto plugin, some motion templates created by previous version of motion.

FCPX became very sluggish after upgrade, and some features work poor or doesn't work at all - like text on placeholders... It cannot be caused by anything but the software itself.

Thanks for Your answers!

Apr 29, 2015 4:35 AM in response to sebziel

The reason I asked was that some people migrate everything (or close t everything) into the fresh system – which can defeat the purpose of the new system. Perhaps it is the library that is causing FCP to struggle.

Try this. Start up in Safe Mode. When you reach the user environment, restart the Mac. Clear preferences when you launch the application. In the empty library that you are presented with, creae a new test project. Import some media that you know is good. Create a basic storyline. Add effects, and so forth , to incrementally increase complexity. How does that go?

Russ

FCPX 10.2 buggy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.