Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages on MacBook Pro not syncing with iPhone

Hi,

I'm using an iPhone 5 running IOS 8.3 and a MacBook Pro running 10.10.3.
In the past I have been using messages on my MacBook and my iPhone. If I sent a text via my phone, it showed up in messages on my Mac and vise versa. Since the iWatch has come out and I upgraded my IOS on my phone, the messages work on both devices but I cannot "see" them on both. In other words, if I start a conversation using messages on my mac, it works fine, but they don't show up on my phone. Same holds true in the reverse.

I have deleted the com.apple.ids.service.com.apple.madrid.plist from my User Library and rebooted. I double checked settings on my phone, and my apple ID and my cell phone number are set up for both sending and receiving. I turned my phone onto Airplane mode and back on, and restarted all devices multiple times.

While I'm not crippled and can send/receive messages from both devices, I would like to get them so conversations are showing up on both devices.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

TIA

Nancy

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 1:53 PM

Hi,

Did you check the iPhone > Settings > Messages > Text Forwarding ?

User uploaded file

9:53 pm Wednesday; April 29, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
5 replies

Jun 25, 2015 8:34 AM in response to NancyMorris

Found this on another site , the last paragraph is what helped me worked perfectly............. I hope my encounter with Apple support helps. I had a couple things happen. When I registered my iPhone to send the code to my laptop, my Mac never received the code. I could send messages from my Mac to other iPhone users but not to Android users. In the end, the problem was all on the iPhone side of the equation. On your iPhone, under Settings → Messages, you should see a box called Text Message Forwarding. Enable this setting. I had it disabled and tried to send the code, but my Mac never got the code. (Also enable Send as SMS, MMS Messaging and Group Messaging if you want these features). We also signed out and back into iCloud on my mac and that didn't help. I hooked my iPhone up to my Mac to back it up and left it plugged in the entire time we found the solution. (No idea if this had any impact.) On the iPhone, we disabled restrictions found under Settings → General → Restrictions. Enable Handoff and Suggested Apps under Settings → General. Here is the odd part, the box called Text Message Forwarding had disappeared. Text support wanted to wipe my iPhone. Instead we reset the network settings under Settings → General → Reset. Select Reset Network Settings. Once I did this, the Text Message Forwarding box re-appeared. Once activated, a code appeared on my Mac. At this moment, I don't know if Bluetooth was active or not but Wi-Fi was Off.

Feb 15, 2016 12:15 PM in response to NancyMorris

I had the same problem even though iMessage already was set to ON in my iPhone 6 settings. Solution? Reset - turning the setting off and on.

On the iPhone go to... iPhone / Settings / Messages / iMessage

Turn off iMessage.

Turn on iMessage.

Accept the message that appears on your Mac to sync to your phone.

Messages on MacBook Pro not syncing with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.