Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I circumvent ATT's $50 a month fee to set up a personal hotspot using my iPhone 6?

How can I circumvent ATT's $50 a month fee to set up a personal hotspot using my iPhone 6?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 9:48 AM

9 replies

Apr 28, 2015 12:18 PM in response to seasidekid

AT&T does not do hotspots with unlimited data accounts. They are wanting you to change to a different account (I am assuming family plan) but there is no $50 fee per month for hotspot. You would be better served to go to an AT&T corporate store and do some rate comparisons.

There is no way to go around that limitation that can be discussed here. If you do stray elsewhere to do so keep in mind that if AT&T detects you going around the limitation it will get quite expensive.

Apr 28, 2015 1:50 PM in response to seasidekid

seasidekid wrote:

**** no. I pay about $200 a month for cell phone usage with unlimited data. I tried to setup a personal hot spot but was directed to ATT website where an additional $50 a month would be charged for a personal hot spot.

Because you have unlimited data.

Take your pick of what you want.

Unlimited data or personal hotspot...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.