Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer photos from PC to iPad

I am trying to transfer some photos I have on my PC to my iPad. I don't want to email them as there's loads to transfer. I found a similar question and tried to follow the instructions but they didn't work, possibly because the iTunes version I am using is more up to date.

I am using iTunes version 12.1.2.27 and an iPad with retina display running iOS 8.3.

I hooked my iPad up to my PC, opened iTunes and clicked on the Photos link to the left of the screen. However, the only thing which came up said 'iCloud photos is on' and I don't really know where to go from here.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 11:28 AM

4 replies

Jul 30, 2015 8:14 AM in response to Jacqui L Davies

Well, I have not met the same problem with you and i made it to transfer photos from PC to iPad. Here is my way and i hope it can be helpful. Arrange all items you want to transfer into a folder. Plug your iPad into your computer. Once it has detected, Open iTunes and select the "Photos" tab. Check the "Sync Photos" box at the top to sync the entire folder you have created before to the device.

Apr 30, 2015 3:00 PM in response to Jacqui L Davies

Hey Jacqui,

In iTunes with the phone plugged in you see Photos on the side with a message that iCloud Photo Library is on.

If you follow these setps to turn it off, you may have the ability to sync.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

In iOS 8.3 or later, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Transfer photos from PC to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.