Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to get an iMac. Budget - $2000. What model should I get?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am new to iMac. Want to get one between $1500-$2000. What kind of software and hardware do I need? I had a Dell before and AT&T is my Internet service provider. I also connect the modem to my HDTV for videostreaming. I have a HP scanjet G3110, do I need to buy a new scanner? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ann Chan

null-OTHER

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 10:44 AM

Ann,

I strongly recommend that you should visit an Apple Store and speak to one of the sales consultants there. They can help you choose a machine that suits your needs and answer all of your other questions.

Without having any idea how you will use the computer answering which iMac is best suited for your needs is impossible. If you don't have an Apple Store in your general area then you can either visit an Apple reseller or call Apple's online store. You can find the online store's phone number by visiting the store's home page and looking at the bottom of the page and clicking Contact Us under Customer Help. Because we don't know what country you are in we can't simply give you the phone number.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 10:44 AM in response to Torolover

Ann,

I strongly recommend that you should visit an Apple Store and speak to one of the sales consultants there. They can help you choose a machine that suits your needs and answer all of your other questions.

Without having any idea how you will use the computer answering which iMac is best suited for your needs is impossible. If you don't have an Apple Store in your general area then you can either visit an Apple reseller or call Apple's online store. You can find the online store's phone number by visiting the store's home page and looking at the bottom of the page and clicking Contact Us under Customer Help. Because we don't know what country you are in we can't simply give you the phone number.

Apr 28, 2015 10:53 AM in response to Torolover

Any iMac will suit your needs, you will need the optional external SuperDrive as all iMacs made since 2012 do not have DVD drives. You will need to purchase a license of MS Office for Mac or Office 365 from Microsoft. Other than that, all Macs come with very useful software which is outlined in:https://www.apple.com/osx/

Once I again though I STRONGLY suggest visiting an Apple Store!

Want to get an iMac. Budget - $2000. What model should I get?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.