Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disconnect wifi , iphone 6

iphone 6 disconnect from my wifi , idont know why ?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 11:00 AM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2015 8:35 AM in response to delo1982

Hello delo1982,

From what I gather, your iPhone 6 Plus connects to your Wi-Fi network but there’s an issue with the device staying connected to the network. Take a look at the article linked below which provides a lot of great information about settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points that will resolve most issues like this one.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Take care,

-Jason

Apr 30, 2015 8:54 AM in response to Jason L

Hi Jason,

I too have been having the same issue for over a month now.

I have an iPhone 6 update to iOS 8.3

As with others, I can connect to my wifi, stay connected for an inconsistent amount of time and then become disconnected. I can sometimes cause the wifi to reconnect by opening an app that is only allowed to use wifi connection. However, that is short lived an I am inevitably getting the "turn of cellular data" message.

I have tried MANY things, including:

Resetting the router (firmware was already up to date)

resetting network settings on the phone

doing a complete erase and set up the phone as new.

Among other "weird" things I had come across on Mac forums that other users claimed "worked"

Are there any known issues with the phone?

I am very frustrated as it is my primary phone and I do a lot of work with it. I can't have the data running all the apps over cellular. I also use it as an apple TV remote and as you can imagine, if it won't stay connected to wifi it doesn't work. Sometimes i have to shut the app down three times and reconnect wifi just to put on a show for the kids.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do have Apple Care, but am hesitant to call as I only have 200 anytime minutes and I can't troubleshoot a phone I am having to use lol.

I'm hoping to get to an Apple Store / Genius bar next week.

Thanks

Mandy

Disconnect wifi , iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.