Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing Doubled Sided

Hi

I'm trying to print double sided and i can't. I don't have the options tab in the printer and scanner menu. Please can someone help?

Sam

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 10:17 AM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2015 8:10 AM in response to SJL78

If you are not using AppleWorks, and I doubt you are as it won't run on a MacBook Air running OS 10.7 or higher, please tell us what Mac OS version you have (from "About this Mac" under your black Apple menu) and the make AND model of printer. Then we can get you moved to a more active and appropriate forum. The only views this one get is from people who post here due to forum glitches, so help for problems other than Appleworks issues are slow to get resolved.

May 3, 2015 2:17 PM in response to SJL78

It seems to me the way one prints double sided is dependent on your specific printer.

For example, with my Epson Workforce 645, I need to change "Safari" (or whatever shows up here, depending on the application being printed from) to "Layout". Then I get to see all the double-sided print options:

User uploaded file

May 4, 2015 7:06 AM in response to sberman

It is dependent on the application being used. For Office applications the duplex setting is found under Layout (The dropdown menu defaults to Copies and Pages). For Pages the duplex option is a checkmark right next to copies and that is the default method for all Apple programs I believe. The three printers I use might show more or fewer options but the setup for basic functions remains the same. It is the application that changes the settings arrangement.

May 4, 2015 12:16 PM in response to dwb

Ah, yes, I see what you mean.

Two quick observations:

1. Since you mentioned the default method for all Apple programs, I would just note I don't see this for the new Photos app. I do see it otherwise, however, even in the Safari screen shot I included above.

2. For what it's worth, checking the box does not offer the choice of long - or short - edge binding. I'm sure there is some default (probably long edge) which is good enough most of the time.

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out.

Printing Doubled Sided

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.