Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

best mousepad for magic mouse

Hi. Please, recommend me a good mouse pad. That was a good glide and position accuracy. Now there RAZER GOLIATHUS 2013 LARGE CONTROL. Glide is very poor.

Thanks for the help.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), apple magic mouse

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 12:09 PM

I find that the best material for any surface of the mouse is vinyl. It allows the Magic Mouse to move smoothly. Yeah I know what you're thinking, who the heck makes a vinyl mousepad, guess what...none that I found, and if someone has, awesome and good for you! But I, like my screen name suggests, am cheap! So a light bulb went off above my head! 3M has been making electrical tape for years, and guess what? It's 100% vinyl. So if like me and you found that old black roll electrical tape in your drawer or tool box, grab it and a cheap X-acto knife, they'll probably run you about $3-$5 if you don't have it, but guess what? You won't have to worry about finding an old mouse pad that you hope works with the Magic Mouse, just to find out it does nothing for you(like me)! You'll be able to use the Magic Mouse on any surface, trust me I've tried it! So heres how you apply it to the mouse!

1) Turn off mouse and remove back panel.

2) Cut a long enough strip to cover the slackers (you'll probably do this twice for both slackers, no worry though after all the tape is cheap!)

3) Place strip along the slacker to cover the inside of the mouse. Flush the tape around the tape carefully with your finger nail (bubbles may form, mo worry just pull the piece back and readjust until smooth).

4) Now take X-acto knife and carefully slice around the electrical tape (don't worry about scratching/slicing the silver bottom of the mouse, if done carefully the residue will wipe away afterwards).

5) Now carefully pull the electrical tape from one end of the slacker to the other.

6) Finally, using your finger nail, or a thin dull object, tuck the hanging electrical tape under the slackers on the outer side of the Magic Mouse.

Put the battery cover back on and you now have a cheap slacker protector for your Magic Mouse that will allow you to use it where ever. Oh and if for some odd reason, your electrical tape rubs off from excessive use, guess what, this was cheap, easy, and probably took you less than 5 minutes to do. Below is my mouse with the electrical tape on the slackers!

Enjoy fellow Mac users!

User uploaded file

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2016 12:09 PM in response to AndreyOne

I find that the best material for any surface of the mouse is vinyl. It allows the Magic Mouse to move smoothly. Yeah I know what you're thinking, who the heck makes a vinyl mousepad, guess what...none that I found, and if someone has, awesome and good for you! But I, like my screen name suggests, am cheap! So a light bulb went off above my head! 3M has been making electrical tape for years, and guess what? It's 100% vinyl. So if like me and you found that old black roll electrical tape in your drawer or tool box, grab it and a cheap X-acto knife, they'll probably run you about $3-$5 if you don't have it, but guess what? You won't have to worry about finding an old mouse pad that you hope works with the Magic Mouse, just to find out it does nothing for you(like me)! You'll be able to use the Magic Mouse on any surface, trust me I've tried it! So heres how you apply it to the mouse!

1) Turn off mouse and remove back panel.

2) Cut a long enough strip to cover the slackers (you'll probably do this twice for both slackers, no worry though after all the tape is cheap!)

3) Place strip along the slacker to cover the inside of the mouse. Flush the tape around the tape carefully with your finger nail (bubbles may form, mo worry just pull the piece back and readjust until smooth).

4) Now take X-acto knife and carefully slice around the electrical tape (don't worry about scratching/slicing the silver bottom of the mouse, if done carefully the residue will wipe away afterwards).

5) Now carefully pull the electrical tape from one end of the slacker to the other.

6) Finally, using your finger nail, or a thin dull object, tuck the hanging electrical tape under the slackers on the outer side of the Magic Mouse.

Put the battery cover back on and you now have a cheap slacker protector for your Magic Mouse that will allow you to use it where ever. Oh and if for some odd reason, your electrical tape rubs off from excessive use, guess what, this was cheap, easy, and probably took you less than 5 minutes to do. Below is my mouse with the electrical tape on the slackers!

Enjoy fellow Mac users!

User uploaded file

best mousepad for magic mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.