Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GNSDK_MANAGER.DLL IS MISSING

My computer crashed while I was installing an update for iTunes. It is telling me that GNSKD_MANAGER.DLL is missing from my computer. Tells me to reinstall. I have tried to reinstall but I get error message: Feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "iTunes64.msi

I believe that when I tried to uninstall the program is when I deleted the iTunes64.msi.

Please can anyone help me with this?

Chris

iTunes-OTHER

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 2:07 PM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 2:07 PM in response to clwjudd

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 29, 2015 2:59 PM in response to turingtest2

First of all thank you very much for trying to help me. I really appreciated it. Unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue. I even printed out the entire report you gave me so I would be sure to do it step by step. I had common files for 32 and 64 so I deleted both folders. I also deleted iTunes, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, icloud, & Apple Application Support for 32 & 64. I rebooted my computer. I deleted Program Files for: Bonjour, Common Files\Apple, and iTunes. I didn't have MobileMe or iPod.

I downloaded the Apple software (it didn't ask about administrator as I am the administrator) again. Everything was reinstalled with no issue until I got to the final area. I received an error "Installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. Error code 2203.

I went step by step and deleted everything all over again. I was welcomed to iTunes. Everything was going great but a the very last second (C;\Program File (x86)\iTunes\. Clicked on install and got the same error message that I had from the start even though it shows iTunes64.msi being there. . I then received this error: "Older version of iTunes cannot be removed." I was told to contact my Technical Support Group. I received a message that the install was successful but shortly after that I received this error: iTunes error: error writing to file c:\Windows]Installer\3b3996.msi. Verify you have the right directory

I got Welcome to iTunes 12.1.2.27x64. It started to install, validating install. Apple iTunes to install software. I said yes. Back to Users\Chris\App Data\local\Apple\Apple software Update\iTunes 64.msi cannot be found. My computer is backed up every week so I didn't do another one. I did disable my antivirus software.

I did not go further down on the pages to the install older versions as I wasn't sure which one to choose. My software hasn't worked for possibly a couple of months.

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong even though I tried to follow every step of the way that you gave me. I am at a loss. Do you think I need to involve support people that can possibly get in to my computer to figure out what is wrong? According to their site, I may have to pay someone to fix this for me. Others say they can assist for free. (I am sure you are probably one of them as you really gave me a ton of information.) No matter what I appreciate all you have done for me. I also have a couple of issues with my HP computer. Do you work on those? It is software related.

Again thank you for all your help!

Chris

Apr 29, 2015 3:58 PM in response to clwjudd

Check the notes below the second box. This should cover the components that won't uninstall properly. As long as you delete all of the named folders and reboot before trying to reinstall it should go ok. Running the installer via right-click Run as Administrator and disabling any anti-virus software may also help.

If a fresh copy of the installer still fails try the approach in Install missing components and install each of the components one by one.

If you have 64-bit system the "for older video cards" version may fare better. This is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit core application, similar to all 64-bit releases of iTunes prior to 12.1.

You should be able to fix this yourself with advice that can be found here or elsewhere. See also HT204313: Remove and Reinstall iTunes and other software components from Windows XP which is Apple's own support document on reinstalling.

tt2

GNSDK_MANAGER.DLL IS MISSING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.