Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export motion 5 layers to FCPX?

Hi All,

Is there way to export Apple Motion project to FCPX? I have a projects with pre-rendered mov and png arranged in a Motion Project and i want to do the same in FCPX also

Thank you,

Praveen N U

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 12:40 PM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2015 10:30 AM in response to fox_m

Thank you for ur reply. But i want to work this project in a different way. My project is already a Generator. I need the same Motion layer structure in FCPX also. I am using pre-rendered movs or images in the Motion Projects. I can manually arrange the same in FCPX , but i'm searching for a better option..It should be like importing an FCPXML and getting the same project structure.. But for me its form Apple Motion to FCPX!!

Apr 29, 2015 11:08 AM in response to nupraveen

You can publish all the parameters you need to manipulate from Motion to FCPX. Just go to the Parameter you need, right click on it and select Publish from the popup menu. In FCPX, you can manipulate each layer you publish the parameters for. If you're familiar with the method of creating them, you can create onscreen controls for you're layers as well.

Apr 29, 2015 11:41 AM in response to fox_m

My question is entirely different ..I am searching for a way to get the same layer structure inside FCP. i am not worried about the effects or image mask or whatever is there in a Motion project. Just export (may be using a script), bring it to FCPX, you are done - getting the same layer structure. For eg, i have 4 layers in Motion files - Bg , dropzone, particle mov, lens flare mov.. I want to get the same in FCPX also.. I am doing an RnD. 🙂

Apr 29, 2015 1:42 PM in response to nupraveen

Turn off layers/groups in Motion and Export a single layer as a generator. Save As something like "My Gen - layerName". Set the next single layer selction and Save As the next layer/group... etc. In FCPX, just stack them on the storyline. The highest "layer" will be on top of all others. You can even stack them below the storyline if you like and have transparency for the layers/generators to show through.

Export motion 5 layers to FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.