Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X 10.2 Black Frames

So, I work with a Panasonic AG-AC160AP camera and shoot in 1080 30p for my projects. I have been working with Panasonic cameras and this framerate for almost 7 years now. I like it. I recently read Apple's tips for dealing with the black frame issues in the recently updated FCP X 10.2 here. Basically, their recommendation is to record at a different framerate or transcode my media to ProRes to be able to work with it.

What are the chances that they will fix FCPX 10.2 so that we can bring in media recorded in this format? Or is it more likely that this will never change and it is time for me to move onto Adobe Premiere Pro?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 6:33 AM

Well, none of us who post here can really answer your questions. But it's hard to imagine that the FCP team isn't working on a real fix since Panasonic shooters are a pretty significant segment of the user base.

Russ

1 reply

FCP X 10.2 Black Frames

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.