Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad and remote "desktop" app

Hello all-- here is my situation. I bought my 86 year old, doesn't drive anymore, mother in Florida an Ipad Air. I set it up, arranged the screen just like mine, added her gmail, got her an Apple ID, got her set up on Messages, and Facetime. So, you would think that's great, and it is, BUT, she messes up getting her email all the time, and ends up on some screen that I cannot help her out of long distance from New York. She uses Messages her catch all app sending messages to me but addressing my brother, because she confuses email and messages and it took her a while to realize that only the person who's name is on the message is seeing it, she thinks she is sending it out to all of us. She is also very hard of hearing so it makes for a stressful telephone call. I give her mad props for doing any of this at all, but she desperately wants to send and receive her email, and know what to do if she messes up the app she is using. She previously used a Kindle Fire so she is family with touch screen.

So, my question is this, is there any such app or way for me to access her Ipad from here in NY using an app of some sort, like you would a desktop? Just so I can get her out of any situation she gets herself into?

Any tips, advice anything? Any and all advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

iPad Air, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 11:46 AM

5 replies

Apr 28, 2015 12:01 PM in response to Valerie Mcmillen

No such app exists. Due to the sandboxed nature of iOS there is no way for one device to control another iOS device. The one thing that you might want to look into would be a dedicated mail app. Many providers have their own apps these days and it might make it easier for her to navigate in one of this apps. This would however, necessitate another setup session on your part and ithat isn't practical, because of the distance between the two of you.

I'm sorry, but I don't know of anything that would help, except for having someone that you can rely on, that lives close to help get her through the challenges that are presented to her.

Apr 28, 2015 12:04 PM in response to Valerie Mcmillen

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities

Unfortunately there is not a way for you to remote into her iPad. This is a feature that I have wanted for a long time. What I do when I need to assist someone far away with an iPad problem, I will have them do a video call (Skype and FaceTime) from another device and point its camera at the iPad's screen. Another thing you could do is if she has a Mac running OS X Yosemite then you could have them plug their iPad into the computer. Apple's Quicktime for OS X Yosemite has a feature where you can display the iPad on the Mac. From there you could use a remote control app such as TeamViewer to remote into the Mac and see what is going on with the iPad. I hope this helps!

-Zeph

Ipad and remote "desktop" app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.