Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini update error 53 after screen replacement

Hello,

I have a new iPad mini. Not too long ago it was dropped and the digitizer scattered. I sent it in for repairs but apparently it fell outside of the repair parameters, as it was a little too shattered? hum hum.

So I went about replacing the digitizer myself, and doing so the Touch ID home button was rendered non functional. I was just fine with this as I could use the iPad just fine without it, and I'm ok with a non functional home button. Problem is when you go to update. You can't update at all, and now it seems that because the home button is non functional, it bricked my fairly new $600 iPad mini by going through the update process (which itunes so gracefully asks you to do every time you plug it in now)

What options do I have here? It really seems idiotic that because of a non functional Touch ID sensor home button that you cannot update the software. This is a really poor design decision.

iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 1:09 PM

There are no replies.

iPad Mini update error 53 after screen replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.