Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make all songs play at the same volume

after transfering songs from my iTunes to my ipod, some song are louder, and some songs are lower, How can I make them all the same volume?

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 2:08 PM

Turn on Sound Check in the Settings > Music menu on your iPod. This will attempt to play back songs at the same volume, though the degree to which this is possible also depends on the nature of the music you're listening to and (particularly) how it has been mixed/mastered. A lot of contemporary popular music (and a depressingly high proportion of "remastered" releases) are engineered to sound as loud as possible, compressing any "natural" dynamic range in the music. Such music will always sound "louder" than properly recorded classical works or jazz performances.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 2:08 PM in response to jac69mac

Turn on Sound Check in the Settings > Music menu on your iPod. This will attempt to play back songs at the same volume, though the degree to which this is possible also depends on the nature of the music you're listening to and (particularly) how it has been mixed/mastered. A lot of contemporary popular music (and a depressingly high proportion of "remastered" releases) are engineered to sound as loud as possible, compressing any "natural" dynamic range in the music. Such music will always sound "louder" than properly recorded classical works or jazz performances.

How to make all songs play at the same volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.