Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to do you number tracks in Final Cut Pro x?

How can I number my tracks in Final Cut Pro X?

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 3:40 AM

Final Cut Pro X doesn't have tracks.

4 replies

Apr 29, 2015 7:42 AM in response to Vnv125

I feel your pain. I thoroughly loathe what Apple did to my olde FCPv7.

But after using this new thing for a few months I've grown to like it. The secret is, of course, as all the FCPX wonks around will tell you, that you must forget the old timeline paradigm to get your editing done. (You must also forget what you know about media management. All of that's changed!)

Tom is too humble to recommend his own book (and it's a bit out of date now) but it is tremendously valuable. I didn't get much out of it till I'd spent many weeks wasting my time in the app and allowing my frustration to build before I began to understand what he clearly explains in his book. Still, it's a challenge to learn FCPX if you only know FCP7. I think if you had never had any experience witt NLEs you'd adapt readily.

FCPX is weird. If you want to get your job done, you've got to learn how this new tool works. Stick with it and you'll eventually get over your disgust. Maybe.

How to do you number tracks in Final Cut Pro x?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.