Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes Wi-fi Sync

Hello, When I click on General, then ITunes Wi-Fi Sync on my IPad 2 iOS 8.3, I get the ITunes logo and the USB cable showing on the screen, 'To enable Wi-Fi Syncing with ITunes, connect to ITunes on your computer using a cable and click "Sync with this IPad over Wi-Fi'

So I can not then sync with Wi-Fi, from my IPad, I have tried holding both power and home buttons, and reset all settings, but same thing,. on summary page on ITunes the 'Sync with this IPad over Wi-Fi check box is ticked.

Would appreciate any help on this thanks

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 12:47 PM

Connect the iPad to your computer with the cable and launch iTunes, if it doesn't start on its own.

Select the iPad in the devices tab.

In the Summary tab, uncheck the Sync over WiFi option in iTunes.

Click on Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes.

Sync one more time. Do not eject your iPad at this point.

Select the Sync over WiFi option again.

Now remove the iPad cable from the computer.

Try syncing over WiFi now, but do it by clicking on Sync in the lower right corner of iTunes.

If that works, try syncing by going to Settings>General>iTunes WiFi Sync>Sync Now.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 12:47 PM in response to cliffordfrombelfast

Connect the iPad to your computer with the cable and launch iTunes, if it doesn't start on its own.

Select the iPad in the devices tab.

In the Summary tab, uncheck the Sync over WiFi option in iTunes.

Sync one more time. Do not eject your iPad at this point.

Select the Sync over WiFi option again.

Now remove the iPad cable from the computer.

Try syncing over WiFi now, but do it by clicking on Sync in the lower right corner of iTunes.

If that works, try syncing by going to Settings>General>iTunes WiFi Sync>Sync Now.

Apr 28, 2015 1:00 PM in response to cliffordfrombelfast

You have to set up wifi sync on the computer you're syncing with. Open iTunes on the computer, connect your ipad, click on your ipad in iTunes on your computer, I believe you want the summary or info section

You choose to sync over wifi then sync to confirm that choice

Then on your iPad you'll see wifi syncing as an option. It's basically a security feature that, to do a wifi sync, there has to first be a wired sync to set up and confirm that wifi syncing set up

Apr 29, 2015 3:16 AM in response to cliffordfrombelfast

I'm little bit confused now. When you see the iTunes logo with the cable on the iPad screen, that means that the iPad has gone into recovery mode making it unusable, and necessitating a restore of the device. You make it sound like you are able to use the iPad. Is that what you are saying? You are able to use the iPad?

IS this what you are seeing on the iPad screen? Take a look here.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

ITunes Wi-fi Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.