Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SONY PXW-X70 XAVC-L 4:2:2

XAVC-L is not compatible with FCPX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP !!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 1:13 PM

6 replies

Apr 28, 2015 5:36 PM in response to alnetsystems

Until this incompatibility is resolved (and you can bet that it will be) you must transcode the media into ProRes 4:2:2 using third party software, and then ingest those transcoded clips into FCPX. There are a number of ways to do this. I use Editready 1.2 (http://www.divergentmedia.com/editready) in batch mode working directly from the card, and have EditReady save the transcoded clips (*.mov) to my regular FCPX ingest location. You can even rename the files as part of the process--and also do a bunch of other stuff as well. They import normally, and they edit normally in FCPX. ...Not a big deal, really.

Or, you can always shoot mostly AVCHD in the meantime and let FCPX do its own transcoding. 🙂

Nothing is forever. A better mousetrap is always just around the corner if you learn to adapt and be patient. But there are a lot of people awaiting an update to FCPX to directly accommodate the long GOP.

Jun 17, 2015 8:40 AM in response to alnetsystems

Hey all. Not sure if everyone or anyone has figured out a fix for this, but I was able to on my end. First, you'll need to be updated on all ends, System 10.10.3, Final Cut X 10.2.1, the newest Sony plug in and the newest firmware on your X70. The firmware update from 1.02 to 2.00 is what I was missing but there is still a catch. You will still not be able to import into FCX if you simply insert the card into your reader or copy from the direct folder that you copy to your hard drive. The key here is to remove the folder that says "XDROOT" and place it in its own folder. This folder cannot contain anything else, only the "XDROOT" folder. Then, once in the import menu in FCX, go to that new folder that contains the "XDROOT" folder and you're set. Import works perfectly and you can gaze into the beautiful eyes of 4:2:2 10 bit.

Here are some links to the updates.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/pdzk-lt2

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-micro -xdcam-downloads-XDCAMSoftwareDownload.s…

That should be it. Enjoy

Sep 3, 2015 10:03 PM in response to Thumper Lee

As of the new update to FCPX, specifically 10.2.2, released on September 3, 2015, it is now possible to natively import both HD and 4K XAVC Long GOP (MXF) files. No longer is it necessary to have third party software transcode the MXF camera files to ProRes prior to importing. Firmware 2.0 (May 2015) is also required for the Sony PXW-X70 for this import to be successful, however. Thus, Final Cut Pro X is now totally compatible with the files created by the Sony PXW-X70 in its most advanced configuration.

SONY PXW-X70 XAVC-L 4:2:2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.