Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serious and urgent issue ! please help

Hi everyone,

Here is the problem I got:

Audio and video disappeared on all the clips i used in my timeline and I don't know why because I did nothing and i've been using fcpx for months.

I tried to relink it many times, but even if i try to relink the files individualy, i got an error message saying that the original file didn't contain audio datas but the new one has audio, so they can't be relinked. All I got know when i read the timeline is black and silent.

How can I do? It looks like something changed about the media files I used in my timelline, but I have no idea of what happened..I tried to open the autosave projects, but the problem is the same(black and silent timeline even in the autosave projects).

I have to finish this work by tomorrow, so I'm really in a hurry.

Can someone help me?

MacBook

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 1:50 PM

8 replies

Apr 29, 2015 5:50 AM in response to attalifromfr

Where is the original media stored? Is it in your library (managed) or external to the library? What kind (formats) is that media? Were you using synced clips and if so, were they done in Final Cut or in another app like Plural Eyes?

In your first post, you said that you tried to open "auto saved projects"? Did you mean the back up libraries that are created every 15 minutes or so and stored in Final Cut Backups?

russ

Apr 29, 2015 5:59 AM in response to Russ H

original media is external to the fcpbundle in which i have alias for original media (avchd 1080p 25 fps) and the files of optimized medias.

none of those clips have been synced. But I detached the audio file and made compound clips with the images only (the audio stayed below in the timeline).

by autosaved projects i meant the back up libraries, yes.

hope i'm clear!

elvina

Serious and urgent issue ! please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.