Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 is acting weird when I have headphones connected to it.

I Have an iPhone 6 and every time when I have headphones connected to it. Siri either turns on or the music keeps pausing or skipping (like a movie). I have tried different headphones I just bought new ones actually and that didn't work. It's getting really annoying. I use a different music app and even when Im not using that. My phone turns on iTunes Radio. Please Siri turns on or the music skips every few seconds. Oh and it doesn't do this when I have a speaker connected to it. It also sometimes skips songs even if I'm not touching it. Please help me!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 9:26 AM

Hello Hannahradloff,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that sometimes you music starts playing or skipping when you connect headphones to your iPhone. To begin troubleshooting, there are a couple of different troubleshooting steps that I recommend.

First I would suggest completely closing all applications that tent to be affected when you connect your headphones by using the instructions located in the attached article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Once those applications are closed, please reset your iPhone as outlined in the next article.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2015 9:26 AM in response to Hannahradloff

Hello Hannahradloff,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that sometimes you music starts playing or skipping when you connect headphones to your iPhone. To begin troubleshooting, there are a couple of different troubleshooting steps that I recommend.

First I would suggest completely closing all applications that tent to be affected when you connect your headphones by using the instructions located in the attached article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Once those applications are closed, please reset your iPhone as outlined in the next article.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Oct 19, 2015 2:14 PM in response to AppleJoe

I've experienced this is a well, Listening to my music i've downloaded and bought. I connect my head phones,"Brand new out of the box" I got the new Iphone 6s, but it will randomly skip the song very fast then Siri will open and ask me question, i've restarted and rebooted and killed app. nothing still having problem. its been happening lately and all the time! seems to be a software issue.

My iphone 6 is acting weird when I have headphones connected to it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.