Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Events section in iphoto disappeared when i did an update

I recently downloaded the latest version of Iphoto.

Now I can no longer see the section called EVENTS (similar to albums) where I had previously sorted and organized my pics.

Is there a way to get it back? Thanks.

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 1:12 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2015 1:18 PM in response to gregfromwinnetka

Did you update to iPhoto '11 or migrated your iPhoto Library to the new application "Photos for Mac"?

Photos for Mac does not have events. It has albums like iPhoto, but organises the library automatically into Moments, Collections, and Years, based on the dates and location data, if available.

If you are now using pHotos, your events will have been mapped to albums, one album for each event, and the albums are in a folder "iPhoto Events".

Apr 28, 2015 3:04 PM in response to gregfromwinnetka

If you upgraded to 10.10.3 and are using Photos be aware that Moments in Photo are the new Events, i.e. groupings of photos sorted by date taken.

When the iPhoto Library was first migrated to Photos there was a folder created in the sidebar titled iPhoto Events and all migrated iPhoto Events (which are now Moments) are represented by an album in that folder. To open the sidebar if it's not already open use the Option+Command+S key combination.

There's a way to simulate events in Photos.

When new photos are imported into the Photos library go to the Last Import smart album, select all the photos and use the File New Album menu option or use the key combination Command+N. Name it as desired. It will appear just above the iPhoto Events folder where you can drag it into the iPhoto Events folder

When you click on the iPhoto Events folder you'll get a simulated iPhoto Events window.

The downside to the simulation is that the Album/Events can only be sorted automatically by Title. But they can also be sorted manually, either in the sidebar or in the folder's window at the right.

Ask Apple for more sorting options in Photos via https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html.

User uploaded file

my Events section in iphoto disappeared when i did an update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.