Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV no longer showing all movies tab under purchased movies

i am actually quite annoyed with the fact that there used to be a tab when looking at your purchased movies called all movies that listed them in alphabetical order. I have a lot of movies and because Apple has the stupidest system for organizing the movies into genres it is now extremely difficult to just scan through the movies or find what you are looking for quickly. Typing it in with the dumb remote have to movie to each individual letter extremely slowly is hard and it's much easier to scroll through all your movies when you aren't sure what you want to watch. Because the genre sections make absolutely no sense; for example putting August Osage County under comedy when it should firstly be a dRama way over comedy because that movie was depressing and hit close to home in some cases, was the dumbest genre that movie could be put in. Therefore bringing the all movies tab back would be greatly appreciated and I am sure widely well received.

Also lso I read somewhere that some people have being saying that Apple can permanently remove movies you have purchased from your account if they lose the rights to it and I want to know if that is true because if it is I have serious complaints. Purchasing the movie through iTunes is the same as going out and purchasing the DVD, you paid for the right to own and watch the video whenever you want. Taking it away would be like a representative from best buy or Walmart coming into your home and taking a hard copy of a DVD away from you because the company that made the movie is no longer distributing it. It's wrong and stupid and clarification of this matter would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your answers to these annoying problems and hopefully a solution can be reached.

Apple TV

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 8:25 PM

I completely agree with you on the missing "All Movies" tab... If anyone has any ideas on why it no longer appears I would be happy to hear them!

Thanks...

13 replies

Apr 29, 2015 6:26 AM in response to Reddtiger2

I agree completely! With over 250 movies in my iTunes library, I relied heavily on the "all movies" tab to browse through and select movies. The (often confusing and completely haphazard) way that Apple categorizes movies into genres is no help at all!

(For example, the Harry Potter films... 8 films, with one cast and a single over-arching story line, sold together as a bundle... 3 are listed under "action and adventure". 2 are categorized as "kids and family" films. And the other 3 are listed in "sci-fi and fantasy". HOW THE HADES DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!)

APPLE - BRING BACK THE "ALL MOVIES" CATEGORY!!!

Apr 30, 2015 10:35 AM in response to vazandrew

Yes this is ridiculous that they removed the All movies tab, to hide the fact that the movie licenses on some movies expired, and don't want to show the movie count go down.

BRING BACK THE "ALL MOVIES" TAB NOW! Without it, its a joke of a device. You have a movie collection, you can't easily search through.

Will definitely be calling apple again.

May 4, 2015 10:49 PM in response to Reddtiger2

Same problem here. This is a new issue and it's really setting me off. If they want to do this, fine, but let us to chose the category where the movie goes. We have half our Disney animation in one category and half I abother. What the **** Apple. I hear Roku calling with a VUDU app. I don't need an ipad to surf the neT and watch Movies. Galaxy tabs work just fine.

Apple TV no longer showing all movies tab under purchased movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.