Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parts of desktop on Mac mini blurry

Mac mini desktop is blurry, or has the appearance of two layers that are unmatched- this covers all icons and Dock icons on desktop background. If I open and application and expand the window to cover most of screen, the blurriness goes away. If I shrink the window to covering roughly 50% of the desktop screen, the blurrinesd returns.

PRAM does not fix not turning on and off And I checked all cable and hdmi connections.

Anyone seen this And know a fix?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 6:50 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2015 9:59 PM in response to Steelhead408

Try a Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

Are they fine in Safe Mode?

Are they better after a Restart then?

Parts of desktop on Mac mini blurry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.