Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app crash under iOS 8.3

The Music app crashes continuously since upgrading to iOS 8.3. Am I alone? Are there any fixes?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 11:07 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2015 12:52 AM in response to stevenmac.in.france

First, reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not work, and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the music app.

If the phone works as before the update, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Jun 12, 2015 1:30 PM in response to stevenmac.in.france

I found its the smart Playlist if your running ios 8.3. I didnt have this problem in 8.2. I tried deleted them, and recreating the smart playlist. I found that the music will play normally without any problems (skip songs, fast forward, etc) if you dont have the smart playlist on your iphone. I tried re creating the smart playlist, and i get the same errors as all you guys reported. So its defiantly and IOS issue. I guess the short remedy is report it, and just delete the smart playlist and just play your regular play-listed songs.. Least until Apple comes out with an update to remedy the errors.

Music app crash under iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.