Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete books from iBooks?

When I open iBooks on iOS 8.3 and select "all books" on the central menu, appear some books that I cannot delete, only hide. I have already checked on iTunes and iCloud, but no success.

That books I really need to delete, how can I do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 3:10 AM

Try this:

1.Launch iBooks app.

2. Tap My Books at the bottom left corner

3. Tap Select from the upper right corner

4. Select the book you want to delete.

5.When you tap on Delete, you have options – Delete and Delete This Copy.

If you tap Delete, your books are removed from your phone but they will still be visible in Purchased section. If you tap Delete this copy, they are still visible there with the iCloud icon. They won’t take space on your device but you can download them from there only instead of going to Purchased.

If you have synced your books with all your devices registered with the iCloud account (Settings → iBooks → Turn on Sync Collections)you will see another option Delete from All Devices. When you tap it, your books will be deleted from all iOS devices.

Hope this will help

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 3:10 AM in response to marceg16579

Try this:

1.Launch iBooks app.

4. Select the book you want to delete.

If you tap Delete, your books are removed from your phone but they will still be visible in Purchased section. If you tap Delete this copy, they are still visible there with the iCloud icon. They won’t take space on your device but you can download them from there only instead of going to Purchased.

If you have synced your books with all your devices registered with the iCloud account (Settings → iBooks → Turn on Sync Collections)you will see another option Delete from All Devices. When you tap it, your books will be deleted from all iOS devices.

Hope this will help

Apr 29, 2015 9:37 AM in response to marceg16579

You can't permanently delete ibooks (nor any other item from your purchase history), but hiding them via your computer's iTunes (or if using a Mac with Mavericks or Yosemite on it its iBooks app) should hide them from the cloud on your devices. If you've hidden the book(s) via your computer's iTunes (or iBooks app), hiding and unhiding, you might then need to log out of your account on the phone (tap on your id at the bottom of the Featured tab in the iBooks app) and log back for them not to then show with the cloud icon for redownloading.

Sep 11, 2015 12:32 AM in response to thunderzzz

Just one bit of info to clarify, because I got confused when I read your instructions (problem is me)

Try this:

1.Launch iBooks app.

Good so far here is my change:

4. Tap the icon of the book you want to delete.

Small thing, but I got confused. So in case anyone suffers from my kind of confusions.

Hope this will help

All in all very excellent instructions. Thank thee so muchly.

How to delete books from iBooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.