Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 4.2 not minimizing file size anymore

Hey guys,

I'm using Compressor to export all of my FCPX projects and to directly minimize their file size.

Until now I've been using a custom Compressor-Setting as shown in this video: https://youtu.be/HGc5juFGx_I

Everything worked fine until yesterday when I finally installed the new updates for FCPX and Compressor. I can still export using my custom-settings, however Compressor doesn't minimize the file size anymore. It doesn't matter which quality-level I select in the compressor-settings.

An example: A 12min h264 Full HD video is now around 1,7GB after exporting it via compressor. Before the update it was around 700MB with the exact same settings.

I've tried lots of things but nothing seems to be working.

Even an older version of Compressor didn't help, so it seems to be a problem with FCPX in combination with compressor.

A friend of mine has experienced the exact same problem. Did anyone else experience this in the last days or does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 5:12 AM

8 replies

Compressor 4.2 not minimizing file size anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.