Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iBook is only available for ipad

SO, I published my book to iBook store. But it says it's only available for iPad. what do I need to do to make it available on Mac and iPhone too?

any help is appreciated.

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2015 4:32 PM

If you created your book with the iBooks Author app, the .ibooks format it creates can only be read on an iPad or a Mac running OS 10.9 or higher.

If you wish to have your book read on an iphone or other platforms, you have to create it in .epub format. The apple app for that is Pages, but there are many others. There is no way to create .epub format with iBooks Author or to convert .ibooks to .epub.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2015 4:32 PM in response to MysticSis

If you created your book with the iBooks Author app, the .ibooks format it creates can only be read on an iPad or a Mac running OS 10.9 or higher.

If you wish to have your book read on an iphone or other platforms, you have to create it in .epub format. The apple app for that is Pages, but there are many others. There is no way to create .epub format with iBooks Author or to convert .ibooks to .epub.

May 13, 2015 5:40 AM in response to FrankO_1

FrankO_1 wrote:

I understand that iPads mostly run IOS (currently IOS 8) and no iPads run OS 10.9 (Yosemite) or higher.

All iPads and iPhones only run iOS. OS X is only used by Macs.

If Mystic created his book in the .ibook format using the app iBooks Author, it can only be read on an iPad or a Mac running OS X 10.9 or higher. But Mystic hasn't told us how he created the book or in what format yet. As far as I know there are not any books in the iBooks store which can only be read on an iPad.

My iBook is only available for ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.