Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers App on iPhone stuck updating can't even delete

stuck on loading Numbers App on my iphone

I can't even delete it gray it out and still in my iphone

tried to redownload from purchased app from app store - stuck on loading

canceled/delete apps from iTunes and try to redownload but same.. stuck on loading.

all other Apps working fine updating/ deleting

EXCEPT this Numbers APP.

someone help me?

thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 6:23 AM

See the other threads in this forum about this same problem. Quick solution: delete the corrupted file through Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage (the icon for Numbers might look normal, or might be odd), do a hard reset (press power and home buttons together until Apple logo appears), then reinstall Numbers either over the air from App Store or by sync with iTunes. That should do it.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Bird212

See the other threads in this forum about this same problem. Quick solution: delete the corrupted file through Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage (the icon for Numbers might look normal, or might be odd), do a hard reset (press power and home buttons together until Apple logo appears), then reinstall Numbers either over the air from App Store or by sync with iTunes. That should do it.

Apr 29, 2015 6:39 AM in response to Bird212

TThat's the exact situation many of us had. You might try a hard reset first, to get it either to waiting or just grayed out status, then look again at Manage Storage to see if the Numbers file shows up. Remember that it may not have the normal logo in Manage Storage, but might look strange. Clicking on it will say what it is supposed to be, and you can then delete the corrupted download. Then do another hard reset to clear the junk before reinstalling.

Apr 29, 2015 8:01 AM in response to dustyblueheron47

More on the weird appearance under "Manage Storage" -- mine had a white square logo with a target-like symbol on it, and no text label. That's because the download was incomplete. You then click on that line to see what it is. If it's numbers, then you can delete it that way, even though the "icon jiggle" method will not work from the regular page.

Numbers App on iPhone stuck updating can't even delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.