Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I download iMovie version 10.0 ??

I really need the Maverick version of iMovie, 10.0 (10.0.5) released in 2013 and it's maddening that apple offers several old versions of iMovie here, Apple - Support - Downloads, but they don't offer the one I need (figures). Can anyone direct me where I can download this version?

Thanks!

PS. I have Mac OS X 10.9.5

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 11:54 AM

If you go to the App Store it should offer you the latest iMovie version that is compatible with your operating system. For Mavericks (10.9.5) this is 10.0.5.

If you have iMovie 9 or an earlier version of 10 you should be able to download it free. Otherwise you will have to pay.

Geoff.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 11:54 AM in response to AnimatorJ

If you go to the App Store it should offer you the latest iMovie version that is compatible with your operating system. For Mavericks (10.9.5) this is 10.0.5.

If you have iMovie 9 or an earlier version of 10 you should be able to download it free. Otherwise you will have to pay.

Geoff.

Jun 9, 2016 6:35 AM in response to GeeD

I, too, am in a strange situation where my new iMac did not come pre-loaded with iMovie. However, my company is running Yosemite and cannot upgrade to El Capitan (due to compatibility issues with other software). I need iMovie, but when I navigate to the App Store I am told that I need El Capitan to download iMovie version 10.1.2. This is the only version I am seeing in the App Store, there are no older versions available. I will gladly pay for the software, if I can figure out how to source it!

Where can I download iMovie version 10.0 ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.