Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating matte to have object glow

I have a video scene of two people walking in front of, and in back of, and picking up and trading back and forth a large green block. The block is the ONLY green thing in the scene.

I would like the block to glow. The block is not perfectly square and orientation shifts so motion tracking points isn't really an option.

I was thinking that since it is the only thing colored green in the scene that there would be a way to create a mask, to mask out the color green and then I could apply a glow to the masked color. But I am having a tough time wrapping my head around how to actually do it.

Can anyone provide advice?

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 6:25 AM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2015 1:35 PM in response to Robert Kleindienst1

Use the Keyer—it will automatically key out the green block. Use a Clone of the Layer to apply the Keyer to create a Mask (click the middle button for the View to create a black/white matte.) For the original layer, Add Image Mask and drag the Clone Layer on top of the Mask to apply it. In the Mask inspector, change the Mask Options > Source Channel to Luminance. Select the original Layer again and apply the glow effect.(you can invert the mask if necessary.)

You can also use a shape mask as a "garbage matte" to limit the range of the Keyer's effect.

Creating matte to have object glow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.