Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mainstage expression pedal - defaults to 0 after patch change - Help!!

Hi folks,

New to Mainstage (been a Logic Pro user for many years). I love it.

However ....

I've set up a pile of patches for a upcoming gig. All works well except that whenever I change patches (either within the same Set folder, or a patch in a new folder) the new patch defaults to expression pedal being at zero and I have to quickly open pedal to full. This is a major problem as some songs have several patch changes mid song.

I love that the previous patches sustain (and I can shut that off when I want them silenced). Great!

But I need each patch to start at max volume (expression at 127) when I make a patch change.

I've searched everyone within settings. Any help would be great. Thanks so much.

D

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Apollo, KeyLab88, Logic, Mainstage,

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 6:30 AM

You can select the first patch in the concert, move the expression pedal to max 127, then save the concert. Make sure that in preferences>general>parameter values> rest to saved value is selected. You can set different expression pedal values per patch this way as well.

2 replies

Apr 30, 2015 7:07 AM in response to lifenoise

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

This is awesome. I'm really loving Mainstage. Finally can use high end instruments like Ivory or Rob Papin, etc at a gig!!!

I'm setting up my first set of patches for a gig in a month. Can I message you directly if I have any other questions?

Thanks so much once again.

Darrell

mainstage expression pedal - defaults to 0 after patch change - Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.