Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No muscis when the screen sleeps (ipod nano 7th gen)

I bought an ipod nano (7th generation) which seemed to work fine when I plugged it into my car stereo. When I turned it off and came back a short time later, it started ok but then as soon as the screen went black the music stopped. I had to wake it up again to get it to play but then it carried on doing the same thing. My friend tried her iphone and there were no issues. The next time I turned it off and tried it was fine but then did the same thing again when I turned it off. Does anyone know what's causing this? Since it's new I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. There were hardly any instructions about usage with it. There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in settings that I can see.

Your help would be much appreciated?

R

iPod nano, Windows XP

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 10:45 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2015 5:02 PM in response to Rozza J

The headphone jack on a new iPod Nano is very tight. Get a flashlight and inspect it first and clean out any lint/dirt/insects/debris you might find. After that make sure you plug the headset jack all the way in, there should be no gap between the plastic on the headset jack/auxiliary cable and body of the Nano.

No muscis when the screen sleeps (ipod nano 7th gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.