Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have I been hacked?

Completely random question. I received a random text from what appeared to be from a UK number. It asked "Did u get this msg ok?" and asked that I respond to a 720 area code number. Under any other circumstance, I would NOT reply. But my mother is currently in Nepal, and given that I have received e-mails from various people around the world regarding her status, and thought it might be someone with information. However, about 45 minutes after sending a text, I received an e-mail from FB stating someone requested a new password.

Could this be related? Is it even possible to hack or access information on my phone simply by sending someone a text? Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 10:05 AM

1 reply

Have I been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.