Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BootCamp Windows 8.1 Display flicker early 2015 macbook pro 13

I've used the Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 8 on my early 2015 MacBook Pro 13. After running windows update and installing Windows 8.1 my display will flicker upon login to the windows partition. That said I do not experience the flickering screen each time I login to the partition, it is only once in a while, and I've not been able to isolate exactly what happens that causes the screen to flicker (broadwell driver?).

Has anyone experienced this also? Have you found a method to update the drivers or keep the display from flickering? I've re-installed the most recent drivers using Boot Camp Assistant before and after the updates had taken place and still experienced the display issue.

Again, it is not every time I login to the windows partition only when I seem to need it most...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 9:54 AM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2015 3:21 PM in response to Kilara

I also have an early 2015 model. I found lowering the resolution fixes it, but this is by no means ideal. I should be able to use the full resolution available.

A colleague has the same machine running 8.1 and has no problems at all.

I'll also add that my screen stopped working after 2 months, Apple replaced the logic board and screen but the problem remains.

Perhaps it's a faulty 8.1 iso..

Jul 8, 2015 11:40 PM in response to a1laserboy

Thank's for your feedback.

I have called Apple few days ago but the AppleCare guy don't have any idea about this problem.

I have reinstalled Windows two times with another ISO but the problem is still here

It's very strange because on OS X all works fine. I suspect the Intel Graphical Driver for Windows. I can also notice that just after the login on Windows, fans run annormaly faster for a few sconds.

If anyone else has this problem or a solution, don't hesitate to give us your feedback. Apple is not very interested about that ...

BootCamp Windows 8.1 Display flicker early 2015 macbook pro 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.