Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone podcasts not working?

I have had the same podcasts for a while and all were downloading automatically and working well until about a week ago. Now, I can't manually download or anything. The podcast will show as "preparing to download" and then appears to be working and I don't get any errors. Just sits in the preparing stage for days now. It doesn't matter if I'm on wifi, a new wifi, or using data- they are not downloading Anyone else having an issue.

I here I have about 8 different podcasts that I download and they all do the same thing. It's not a memory problem because I have an iPhone 6 with 128gig. Also, I don't keep the podcasts, they are deleted after listening.

Help please.

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 1:54 PM

10 replies

Oct 9, 2017 3:54 AM in response to Mjbo2000

yes, the same problem since the new update. I get my audio podcasts straight from iTunes, and have Listening them with my iPhone music, now all of the sudden, they don't sync, can't find them on my iPhone. I can watch them on my computer thru iTunes. Then when I start searching on google, I get a solution in thread. Source: https://www.howtoisolve.com/podcasts-not-working-on-iphone-ipad-ios/

May 7, 2015 7:14 AM in response to DazaApple

I am able to download the podcasts (or so I think so bc it says "downloaded")...but I cant play them. Every time I click on my downloaded podcast the screen changes to the play screen (the screen with all the controls) then immediately jumps back to the main menu. It wont play any of the podcasts.

Any ideas why and\or how I can fix this?.....powering off and on did not fix it.

May 7, 2015 8:34 PM in response to 2Italiani

After about a week of having the same issue - downloading manually but the download getting "stuck" as "Prepaing to Download" - today, out of the blue, I can now download again. I went through all the possibilities, deleting all the "stuck" downloads, trying one at a time, closing and opening the podcast app, shutting off the phone and waiting to reboot it. I have no idea why today was the magic day but I'm thinking Apple finally realized there were a problem and sent an update to fix it Hope others find their podcast app woking now too.

Jun 30, 2015 9:14 AM in response to Kat Insondes

My podcasts quit downloading and can not be started again when I move from wifi to cellular data, or vice versa. So my workaround is to download everything I want to listen to at home before I leave. Or to turn of wifi so the download is not "interrupted". If my podcasts get stuck in the middle or say, "waiting to download" the only thing that works is shutting down my whole iphone, cancel all downloads and try again. This problem has existed for around a couple of months, and I don't like it.

iphone 6

ios8.3

iPhone podcasts not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.