Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got an iCloud helper message on my iPhone and now I can't use the internet

Hi all,

I received a message on my computer from iCloud helper? Saying I had a virus and it lists everything that is at risk, and then says to call a number. I'm maybe not the most brilliant, and I called. I allowed remote access to my computer and she wanted to charge me 99.95 to clean my mac. I said no. I then deleted and cleared my download folder, all website data and restarted my computer. I updated the software and it was restarted again. I can use my computer fine, but I can't use the internet on my iPhone 4s.

I have closed the internet, turned off the wifi, turned it back on. Restarted my phone. Cleared website data and it still gives me the same message.

Just not sure if I have totally screwed myself or what to do to fix it.

Thanks for any help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 2:28 PM

14 replies

Apr 29, 2015 2:35 PM in response to lulubelle89

update. I can now use the internet on my phone since I cleared the website data.

I don't seem to be getting any pop ups or issues when using my computer or phone. Do I have a virus or was it just a scam?

I never paid any money or gave any information-she did have remote access, but I could still see what she was doing? So I guess I'm just wondering if I did something stupid and they could have installed a virus?

I have a macbook pro with retina software version 10.9 for reference

May 1, 2015 10:54 AM in response to QuickPost

I'm not really sure how else to explain it.

There was a login.helper page after I called the phone number.

They gave me a six digit access code which I punched in. A message box about an application from the internet was trying to open and I clicked open.

She then could move the cursor and showed me the console on my computer with links and error messages.

May 1, 2015 11:01 AM in response to lulubelle89

Okay than this definitely was not Apple. Apple support techs never have access to your mouse. It sounds like this company installed some software on your Mac. It is hard to tell what their intentions are but just assume in these situations that all your data was compromised. Possibly all your online accounts have been compromised such as social networks, banks, etc.. The smartest thing to do would be to change all of your passwords and reinstall OS X on your Mac. It sounds extreme but that's what happens when a 3rd party company gains control of your computer.

-Zeph

May 1, 2015 11:27 AM in response to QuickPost

Okay, that's what I thought.

Thank you again, I just feel so silly. I'm usually more aware, but I had never seen the message pop on before and I didn't know why or where it came from and I guess I just froze.

I didn't give them any information or money, so at least there's a small consolation?

Everytime I do a scan now, I don't see any infected files come up. Don't know if that is valid information at all.

You've been really helpful, I appreciate it greatly!

I got an iCloud helper message on my iPhone and now I can't use the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.