Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing not seen by iPhone or ATV 3rd Gen

I ran in to this problem before with Home Sharing not being seen by mt ATV 3rd Gen or any iPhone in my household when I upgraded iTunes back in Feb. The solution I found before was in my firewall rules (I believe) for my AV software (I also made changes to Windows Firewall even though it is disabled). I updated iTunes to 12.2.1.27 last night and the problem has returned.

iTunes is signed in and Home Sharing is on. ATV is also signed in and HS is on. My iPhone 6+ can connect to my ATV. I signed all devices out and turned off HS then signed back in a turned HS on with no resolution. I followed Apples directions for removing Apple software in order, then re installed the older version of iTunes that I had saved. Still no luck. I have disabled the firewalls in my router as well as my AV firewall and Windows Firewall is always disabled. I have tried the iTunes "Run as Administrator" solution others have suggested with no luck as well.

It seems like Bonjour is simply not doing what it is supposed to.

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 1:59 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2015 6:14 AM in response to xproject421

GO to programs and feature in your control panel, select bonjour and click the repair button to reinstall it, reboot the pc and if your firewalls on check to make sure bonjour is still on the list. Start iTunes back up and everything should Be working again. I did this yesterday to solve this problem after updating. If things still don't work try restoring windows firewall to default settings to clear the allowed list, then repair bonjour, reboot, re ad Apple software to the firewall list and start up iTunes. I have to do this everyte iTunes updates And it always works for me.

Home Sharing not seen by iPhone or ATV 3rd Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.